Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weekend Field Trip

So this past weekend Saturday was the big field trip to Charlottesville, VA. It was exciting to check out the two venues I loved.

The first was a dream at Keswick Hall

Danielle and I going home- cough cough I mean arriving at Keswick Hall

Pros: 
  • Gorgeous venue with a European Bed and Breakfast Glamorous feel 
  • Spacious room with dance floor 
  • Deal for bedroom stay for guests- each bedroom is also different
  • Decorated for the holiday season
Cons:
  • Expensive!!!! $135 per person for BRUNCH. Seriously... This price includes the space but not drinks. Basically price is SUPER important since I'm on a budget. 
  • Paying to reserve the rooms? 
  • Will have to get my own cake made by bakers



The second was a reality but a GOOD one. Below is some photography I collected from Clifton Inn

Romantic but modern! 

Pro:
  • More me! I love the little details and the shabby chic romantic yet modern feel. It would be perfect for an indie wedding.
  • Value! Around $40 per person for brunch + the space cost which is lower for being winter time and during the week. 
  • Discounted rooms that are each different. 
  • Bar already there! 
  • Decorated for holiday season 


Con: 
  • Space- I'm worried that 50 people will make things crowded.
  • Dance floor? Can we make it work?
  • Will have to have my cake made by their bakers

We also checked out Keswick Vineyards to see if we could do a rehearsal dinner there or go there as an optional activity on the itinerary. 



Decision- Not for a wedding or rehearsal dinner BUT... would be a fun activity to go and do a wine tasting.

1 comment: