This wedding planning business is just NOT FOR ME. I want to get pumped up and excited but its just really hard right now. I hate making decisions and I'm just worried I will make the wrong decisions and piss off a bunch of Italians or whatever heritage my guests are.
I think it all started the other day when I realized MY DREAM PHOTOGRAPHER was like a million dollars- ok not a million but A LOT OF MONEY. So then I went to a second choice and they are expensive.
Photography is the one area of the wedding that I feel is worth it to spend a chunk of your budget on but there comes a point when someone taking photos, editing them, and posting them online at $6,000-$9,000 is a little ridiculous. So now I need to find a photographer on my budget who doesn't suck (like around 2,000 if thats possible). Its like I tried out the BMW and now I can only afford a Honda. (no offense to the Honda owners out there because I come from a Honda family and boy I rocked my Honda till it was dead to the ground). I think (think...) I have a pretty good eye on what kind of photographer I want and who is good. I like ones that are photo-journalistic and a tad artsy. I want them to be able to capture the simple moments that tell a story.
Anyways hopefully I can come across someone legit with the right price who will make me psyched.
As my sister always says- at least I'm not pregnant. And at least my wedding won't be this ---->
Hot....


Chin up wifey! You have plenty of time and you will find someone that works for you.
ReplyDeleteCheck these out:
http://afriendlyfacephotography.com/#home
http://www.ashlylaynephoto.com/
http://shelbyleigh.com/
Thanks wife!
ReplyDeleteShelby Leigh is great (a lot of my friends used her for their weddings, etc), however she is slow to get your pictures to you afterwards. She does great work though!
ReplyDelete