Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

So much!

I learned the past few days that the following things don't get along -->


wedding stuff + work crap + worrying about friends stuff +family stuff +  a paper for grad school 


it = me not being productive on things I need to do 


Bridal brain has slowly started taking over and I DO NOT LIKE IT. All I can say is thank god Rocco knows how to try to make me feel better by giving me this last night:

Its been really hard having him work late. It's like the only time I see him is before going to bed and then when I say bye to him in the morning while he is a sleeping zombie. I shouldn't fuss though because I know there are fiancĂ©es, wifes, and girlfriends with boyfriends miles away and even those on duty serving our country.

Anyway I have big updates. On Saturday my mom, Rocco's mom, Dee, Danielle, and I went wedding dress shopping. It was a lot of fun! Rocco's mom took a bunch of pictures, my wifey and Dee worked it finding a dress, and Dee offered some entertainment with her rendition of my "NO!" for the not so great dresses.

The first location we went was close by at the Bridal Boutique. We had to fuss a little because I wasn't sure who was helping me but I was also a tad late. The lady who did help me Zandra was super sweet and helpful.  I got to try on one of the dresses similar to the ones I posted on the blog and loved it. It was a great price and had reasonable prices for alterations.

The next location I was excited to visit because they had the one dress I really REALLY wanted to try on. So we drove to Venus Bridal Collection and we immediately helped by ____. Her daughter went to University of Virginia so she was familiar with the Charlottesville area which was so cool! The first dress I pointed out to try on was oddly enough the dress I REALLY wanted to try on. I also tried on this gorgeous Lace dress which made it very tough to choose between the dress I REALLY wanted to try on and that one. In the end, my mom realized this dress was more me and more comfortable. I didn't cry but I certainly teared up when my mom did. Danielle cried but she concealed it with her shades. ;)

Won't put up any pics BUT I will say it is ONE of the dresses I had posted. I haven't purchased the dress yet because alterations are ridiculous high there and wanted to consider other options but I can't go back to buy it! I gave the dress a little hug before I left the dressing room.

Don't judge me but I'm a little sad I won't get to try on more pretty dresses. I guess thats why some brides try on TONS of dresses.  I certainly don't want to put anymore on because I will get more confused.

The next day was ENGAGEMENT PICS for the first day of spring. It was a lot of fun but different than I expected I guess. We met our photographer Michelle, Nicole, and their intern Abbey at the metro to head to Washington DC. I was hoping we could make it to Georgetown Cupcake and have a photo like:


or what Michelle really wanted


But the line was a zillion years long. Wahhh!!! We did take a photo outside the old shoppe taking an awkward kissing photo. We both were cracking up about how awkward it was but we had fun with it! I can't wait to see the photos of me banging on the actual store crying about how I can't go in.


We took a walk in Georgetown and then went to the monument in hope that the cherry blossoms would be popping up but they weren't quite ready. Oh well. The photos look amazing though! Definitely have a game plan or ask your photographer if they have an idea because if they are not familiar with the area, you will need to find some great spots. Luckily Washington DC has some awesome spots for photos. Rocco just wishes we took something on the campus since that's where we met. Also bring comfy shoes to change in which was smart on my part because my adorable shoes hurt big time.

Check em out!  One of my favs:

 I can't wait to see them all!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!! Love the dress preview, can't wait to see it in person!!
    Hang in there, I can't even imagine how stressed it is planning a wedding, dealing with work, school, and not being able to see your fiance very much. Girls night tomorrow!! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally checking this for the first time in forever.. I know you have been stressed but as always don't forget.. you are not pregnant.. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete